8. GENERAL BOOKING POLICY
1. Booking types:
Annual General Meetings
Private Bookings, i.e. Anniversary and Birthday parties, etc.
2. Only Briar Hill Community residents are able to book facilities for themselves,
and on behalf of Briar Hill Groups, Phases or Organizations.
3. Bookings are to be for Briar Hill Community related Activities, community
Events and private Events.
4. Any residents wishing to book Activities and/or Events or private bookings
(see Section 11) are required to check the calendar via the website at
https://www.bhccontheweb.com/calendar to avoid scheduling conflicts and
choose available times, prior to submitting their booking request to the Office
or contact the Office during office hours to check scheduling and obtain a
booking form. Booking requests are reviewed on a regular basis by the Office
Staff and if necessary due to potential conflicts, the Board Program Director.
Consideration will be given on a first-come basis along with ensuring fairness
to all Activities being able to share facility space. No booking will be
considered for more than one year in advance.
5. Booking requests may be pre-empted by the Office Staff and the Board for
Community priorities and/or balancing requirements. All efforts will be made
to relocate the Activity to another room if suitable space is available.
i. Accredited Nottawasaga Golf Leagues (NMGA, NLGA, LDGA)
Nottawasaga accredited golf leagues are required to set dates annually,
(i.e. opening luncheon and closing meetings), given these Events have
scheduled start and finish dates. These Events require the use of the
kitchen and thus have minimal possibility to be held elsewhere in the
Centre. In order to be able to accommodate these dates, they need to be
provided to the Office Staff no later than the end of November for
bookings for the upcoming calendar year, in order to ensure that such
dates can be held.
In the event they are not provided by the end of November the leagues
will be required to ensure any required dates are available before
requesting a booking.
ii. Golf Social Events (Non-League)
The organizer of the Event should check the calendar availability and
clarify with Office Staff to ensure the date(s) required can be
accommodated before putting in the request form.
6. The BHCC facility is to be returned to a “Ready State” (see Diagram and
Checklist on Wall for “Ready State”) after its use by the booking resident(s).
The booking resident(s) are responsible for any unusual damages, extra
cleaning costs and/or maintenance if required. “Unusual” means damage that
would not happen in the day-to-day use of the Centre.
7. Food and non-alcoholic beverages may be provided on a cost recovery basis.
8. NO SELLING of alcoholic beverages is permitted.
9. Booking for individuals or groups from outside the Briar Hill Community is
10. The Board may approve a unique request, but such approval will not be
considered as establishing any precedent.
11. The Board has the right to refuse any booking request and/or require
Bookings must use the space booked. For example, if only the Great Room is
booked then use of the East Room is NOT permitted.